Seventh Physics and Astrophysics at the
eXtreme (PAX-VII) Workshop
August 23-27, 2021, Online via Zoom
Purpose and Scope: With the completion of the Cosmic Explorer Horizon Study and inclusion of the Einstein Telescope in the 2021 ESFRI Roadmap, the time is now ripe for a discussion of the next steps in the definition of the science case for the next generation of GW observatories. The purpose of PAX-VII is to better understand what the requirements are for the 3G observatory network from different science perspectives. PAX is largely a discussion-based workshop with very strong involvement of participants. The program is open for everyone to attend and participate, there will be no registration fee.
Sessions: Two 90-minute sessions each day allows a total of 8 sessions.
Format: The program will consist of a few selected presentations and moderated discussion sessions. There will be ample opportunity for discussion and time to lay the foundations for new collaborations.
Topics to be discussed:
- Multimessenger astronomy
- Black hole binaries from population III stars and beyond
- Dense matter equation of state and the QCD phase diagram
- Tests of gravity and fundamental physics
- Astrophysical populations of compact objects
- Dark matter candidates
- Waveform and data analysis requirements
- Cosmological parameters and backgrounds